Thursday, September 27, 2012

Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson


Housekeeping is a book about two orphans. They are passed around to many relatives. The story can easily be summed up in one sentence. Not a lot happens in this book. The beauty of the book lies in its loquaciousness. The words are written almost like poetry. There is a reverence for the English language, a care about choice of words that you notice. This is not a fast paces action book, but a languid journey with the main character and author.

I liked the book, but I'm not sure if I would have made it through the book if I hadn't been listening to it on audiobook. 

The book was well written and the characters are eccentrically fun.  I would recommend this book if you don't mind the slow pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment